About the drug:
Aldactone (spironolactone) is a potassium-sparing diuretic (water pill) that prevents your body from absorbing too much salt and keeps your potassium levels from getting too low. This drug is used to treat a condition when the aldosterone level in the blood becomes very high. The aldosterone hormone is necessary to regulate the balance of salt and water levels in the blood.
Uses of the drug:
There are various uses of Spiranolactone specifically for the treatment of heart related ailments. Here are a few common uses of the drug Spiranolactone:
• Prevents loss of excessive potassium: too much of aldosterone in the blood increases amounts of sodium and water to be retained by the kidneys, while too much potassium is removed from the body
• Treatment of hypertension
• Treatment of edematous disorders (swelling with fluid), including congestive cardiac failure
• Diagnosis and treatment of primary aldosteronism
• Treatment of Hirsutism in females
Working of the drug:
The drug acts by removing excess fluid and by lowering blood pressure. It works against the effects of aldosterone. It improves the effectiveness of other medicines used to lower blood pressure.
Aldactone is manufactured by RPG life science, a well known pharmaceutical giant. You can buy Aldactone-25mg online from genericstreet.com at very reasonable rates.
Dosage forms and strengths:
Aldactone are available in the form of tablets containing the active ingredients Spironolactone. Aldactone is available in two strengths on our website:
• Aldactone 25 mg
• Aldactone 100 mg
Before you take the drug:
• Do not take if:
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive
- You are breastfeeding, as the drug may get absorbed and appear in the breast milk that can prove harmful for the baby
- Have difficulty in breathing, or become faint
- Have hyperkalemia
- Have Addison’s disease
• Tell your doctor if:
- You are taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs) and medicines to prevent blood clot
- You are allergic to the active ingredient or are allergic to any other constituent of the drug.
• How much to take the drug?
Daily doses of Aldactone in adult ranges from 25 mg to 400 mg. Depending on the age and the condition of the patient, Aldactone may be taken once a day or divided into separate doses. Always take the drug as prescribed by the doctor.
• How to take the drug?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. It may be taken with or without food. Do not crush or chew it. Ask your doctor about the correct way, if you have any confusion.
Aldactone may be taken once a day or divided into separate doses. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
• For how long should it be taken?
Take the drug continuously as long as your doctor tells you. Because stopping the medication may hamper your improving condition.
You may need urgent medical assistance. An overdose may cause nausea and vomiting. Sometimes it may cause drowsiness, mental confusion, rash, diarrhea or dehydration. Even if you do not feel any signs symptoms of poisoning due to overdose go to the nearest hospital.
Take it as soon as possible if it’s not too late, but if it is less than 6 hrs left for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose at the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
Side effects of the drug:
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious, but most of the times they are not. You may need medical help in case the following troubles arise:
• Cramping in the stomach or diarrhea
• Skin rash or itchiness
• Sore throat
• Unusual hair loss or thinning
• Peeling skin or skin redness
These are the most common side effects. Do not get alarmed by the list. You may /may not experience all of them.
Common drug interactions:
The following drugs should be avoided in case doctor prescribes you Aldactone in order to avoid possible drug interactions.
• Other BP medicines
• Medicines used to prevent blood clots
• Ammonium chloride
• Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines (NSAIDs)
• Anesthetics etc.
Avoid these drugs with Aldactone and ask your doctor to provide you with the whole list of medications needed to avoid during the Aldactone therapy. To buy Aldactone-25mg online from genericstreet.com at very reasonable rates order now!
Things to remember:
• Do not use Aldactone to treat any other illness unless your doctor advises
• Doses of Aldactone in children are measured according to body weight and is calculated by the doctor
• Do not take Aldactone with potassium supplements or potassium containing salt substitutes
• Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of Aldactone
• Avoid a diet high in salt
• Avoid becoming overheated or dehydrated during exercise or during hot weather